CJSHS Health/PE Department Beliefs
The Churubusco Health and Physical Education Department believes and is committed to preparing students to live healthy, productive, and physically active lives for the 21st century. Our mission is to provide students with the knowledge, skills (motor skills and life skills), and attitudes necessary for living active, fit, and healthy lives. Ultimately it is our goal that our students will take personal responsibility for practicing good health habits and for engaging in regular physical activity, so as to develop them into students who are healthy, fit and ready to learn today, and prepared to be productive members of society tomorrow.
CJSHS Health/PE Department Goals:
By the end of this school year,
- 95% of Students participate daily in PE.
- 80% of students improve on each fitness test for the duration of the quarter.
- Students will learn the value of a healthy lifestyle
- Students will be able to apply health skills learned in the classroom to an "outside" environment
- Students will demonstrate healthy behaviors daily
- Develop skills and knowledge for lifelong fitness to further their quality of life
Zach Dock (Dept Head)