Math Department Mission Statement
The Math Department promotes and encourages the understanding of mathematics as a field of study as well as an integral part of an ever-changing society. The mathematics teachers believe the following to be true
- Students can become mathematical problem solvers who can recognize and solve routine problems readily and can find ways to reach solutions where no path is given.
- Students can use correct mathematics vocabulary to communicate in a written and/or oral form.
- Students can use technology to facilitate and enhance their learning and computation.
- Students can reason mathematically by gathering data, analyzing evidence, and building arguments to support or refute a hypothesis.
By the end of this school year,
- 80% of students will pass quarterly exams at 80% or higher
- 80% of students will meet or exceed growth goals in NWEA exams
- 95% of students will pass ISTEP+ 10 by the end of 12th grade
- 70% of 6-8 students will pass ILEARN
- 50% of AP students will earn a 3 or higher on AP Exams
Nate Wright (Dept Head)