Fine Arts Department Student Goals
By the end of this school year, our students should be able to:
- 20% or greater of all students enrolled in art and music grades 7-12 involved in an artistic or music opportunity outside of CHS including but not limited to Scholastics Art awards, honor band/choir, and ISSMA organizational contest or solo competitions. This opportunity should involve some kind of independent study outside the classroom.
- Recall applicable key vocabulary.
- Demonstrate technical accuracy according to grade level appropriateness.
- Demonstrate a better understanding of the fine arts history by broadening their knowledge of era based art and music histories and applying it to modem fine arts within the context of the learning environment.
- Learn to adapt to and respect others' (often very different) ways of thinking, working, and developmental tools to every human situation.
The Fine Arts Department is committed to empowering students to develop and achieve their creative and expressive potential through aligned, articulated, and assessed experiences in the arts. We strive to engage students in a process that enables them to develop the self-esteem, self-discipline, self motivation, and cooperation for success in life, as well as inspire students to become life-long participants and supporters of the arts.
Shanna Fleetwood (Dept Head)