What A 21st Century Classroom Looks Like:
TEACHER- The role of the teacher is most critical when applying the laws of a 21st Century Classroom. The attributes a 21st Century teacher exhibit are:
- Facilitator- Guides the student to discover the outcome for themselves. They balance the need to know and want to know.
- Learner- Being part of the learning process ignites the ‘always growing lesson.’ It allows students to feel valid in society and instills in them the power to do
- Entertainer- Knowing your audience engages learning to take place. Be creative!
- Role Model- Setting the bar high and accept nothing below it keeps students challenged. Never finishes on errors.
- Partner- Gives student the feeling they are not alone in the education process
TECHNOLOGY- The use of technology in the classroom goes beyond research and processing. Technology in a 21st Century Classroom is a medium for creating, not just a tool to aid learning. A 21st Century classroom uses technology t
- Visually Create
STUDENT- A student who is exposed to good 21st Century teaching practices and proper use of technology will:
- Focus on Concepts- not facts
- Receive an authentic learning experience- Students will be able to work on the same project, but have individual objectives
- Be placed in the center of learning, not guided there (wastes time)
- Know WHAT they want to learn about- balance the need to know and want to know
- Be Challenged
- Be Globally Aware- feels valid in society and has the power to DO
- Have the freedom to explore within set parameters
- Be Creative- engaged in learning
- Not be alone in the education process
- Not finish on errors
WORK IN PROGRESS...This is a fluid document as the nature of 21st Century Learners and Learning is ever-changing.