CJSHS Health/PE Department Beliefs
The Churubusco Health and Physical Education Department believes and is committed to preparing students to live healthy, productive, and physically active lives for the 21st century. Our mission is to provide students with the knowledge, skills (motor skills and life skills), and attitudes necessary for living active, fit, and healthy lives. Ultimately it is our goal that our students will take personal responsibility for practicing good health habits and for engaging in regular physical activity, so as to develop them into students who are healthy, fit and ready to learn today, and prepared to be productive members of society tomorrow.
The Churubusco Health and Physical Education Program will do the following:
- Introduce students to a variety of activities and challenges in health and physical education that will contribute to the development and maintenance of physical, cognitive, mental/emotional and effective well-being.
- Provide students with experiences in health and physical education that will form a foundation for making informed decisions that will empower them to achieve and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Develop community-based school physical education programs that are designed to extend physical activity beyond the walls of the gym.
- Design lessons to support learning though the incorporation of movement, physical activity, and exercise which enhance brain function.
- Develop school physical education programs which are an arena for all children, regardless of athletic ability, to reap the benefits of exercise and movement.
- Provide daily opportunities for physical activity.
- Provide activities and discussions in a developmentally appropriate manner to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for living active, fit, and healthy lives.
- Develop connections with the home and community to help reinforce healthy habits and support parents in their role as the primary health provider for their child.
- Promotes responsible personal and social behavior and the development of personal assets.
CJSHS Health/PE Department Goals:
- Students will learn the value of a healthy lifestyle
- Students will be able to appy health skills learned in the classroom to an "outside" environment.
- Students will demonstrate healthy behaviors daily.
Zach Dock (Dept Head)