Math Department Mission Statement
The vision and mission of the CJSHS Math Department is to promote and encourage the understanding of mathematics as a field of study as well as an integral part of an ever changing society.
- Students will become mathematical problem solvers who can recognize and solve routine problems readily and can find ways to reach solutions where no path is given.
- Students will use correct mathematics vocabulary to communicate in a written and/or oral form.
- Students will be able to use technology to facilitate and enhance their learning and computation.
- Students will reason mathematically by gathering data, analyzing evidence, and building arguments to support or refute hypotheses.
- Math teachers will strive to increase standardized test scores on all assessments
- Math teachers will work to meet technology standards at each grade level
- Math teachers will attempt to notice, analyze and respond to student thinking
Nate Wright (Dept Head)